Position: Tour Specialist
Date: December 2023
Passionate about student travel?
Excellent organisational skills?
Attentive to the smallest detail?
Self-motivated, hard working, enthusiastic and ambitious?
Happy to work from home?
Previous experience working in group tour operations?
If you can answer YES to all the above, please read on and consider joining our fantastic team.
We are looking for an experienced Tour Specialist, someone to help our Operations department plan school trips to Europe and beyond.
Ideally you will have prior experience of organising school trips or group tours, having worked for another Tour Operator or even as a teacher running trips at school.
Knowledge of and prior travel to our primary destinations will be beneficial, as will the ability to speak another language such as German, Spanish, Italian or French.
Who are we?
TCBC School Tours is a family business, based in Cheshire, specialising in customised educational school tours since 2005. We love being able to help students travel and see the world, bringing their studies to life and creating memories of a lifetime.
We offer a wide range of destinations including Germany, Poland, France, Italy, Iceland and America.
The pandemic had a sizeable impact on our company and the travel industry in general. However, things have picked up again and in recent months we have seen a huge upsurge in demand for school trips. We are busier than ever and looking for the right people to help us grow.
Please see About for more information on TCBC.
The role in more detail - what you can expect to be doing
The main aim of the role will be to confidently manage our trips so they run smoothly and successfully. You will be responsible for a lot of trips at the same time to different destinations. There are many moving parts and details to keep track of.
You will be:
- Communicating with clients, suppliers and colleagues daily
- Planning the itinerary well in advance
- Liaising with suppliers worldwide - booking hotels, transportation, meals, guides and entrances in good time
- Creating and maintaining relationships with suppliers
- Requesting invoices and making sure services are paid for on time
- Discussing the fine details with the client and ensuring the final itinerary meets their expectations
- Preparing tour documentation prior to departure
- On call on a rota basis when tours are active
- Providing support to other departments as necessary
- Experience of working within the travel industry, in particular with group travel, preferably school trips
- Strong organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Keeping calm under pressure
- Availability to travel abroad when required
- Fluent English
- Higher education
- Experience of our destinations
- Additional languages
- Secure full time role with expanding company
- Friendly, flexible working environment
- Working from home
- Travel abroad
- Full training
- Possibility of advancement within company
- £28-£32k depending on level of experience
How to apply
Please email your CV and cover letter.
Applications without a cover letter won’t be considered.