Kathryn Galbraith Head of HistorySee all
Last updated July 2018
(1) In order for you to travel to some of the countries we sell holidays to, it may be mandatory depending upon the circumstances of your booking, as required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination, for us to disclose and process information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes as required by law. These requirements may differ depending on your destination.
(2) Information (relating to matters such as health, dietary requirements or religion) may be considered special category data under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016. We collect it to cater for your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data on the condition that we have your positive consent which will be requested at the time of booking. When a booking is taken you also agree for your insurers, their agents and medical staff to disclose any relevant information and sensitive personal data to us in circumstances where we need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
(3) To provide your holiday and ensure that it runs smoothly, we need to use information such as your name and address, special needs, and any dietary requirements. Please be aware that we will pass it to suppliers of your travel arrangements, including hotels and transport companies and to public authorities such as customs and immigration. We will tell you who we are passing your data to.
Your Data Rights
You have certain rights in relation to any data that we hold. We have set these out for you below.
- You can ask us what data we hold about you and why we hold it
- You can ask us to correct any errors in the data that we hold
- You can ask us to delete any data that we hold but this may be subject to limitations
You have the right to object to us processing your personal data (in other words you can withdraw your consent to us processing your data at any time). However, please bear in mind that, if such a request is made before the contracted services have been provided it may prevent us from either complying with legal requirements, such as the need to provide Advance Passenger Information, and/or prevent us from providing the contracted services to you.
We will only use data collected from you if you are travelling with us for the purposes of providing the tour in question.
If you are the Group Leader, we will ask you at the time of booking, whether you consent to us holding your contact details for marketing purposes, which would allow us to contact you with information we consider may be of interest to you. We will only use data collected from you via this website for marketing purposes.
You will see an unsubscribe option clearly displayed at the bottom of our marketing emails or you can contact us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that controls on data protection in foreign countries may not be as stringent as in England and Wales.
Accessing Your Personal Information
If you wish to review or receive copies of the personal information we hold about you, withdraw your consent to us processing your personal data or have any other queries please email us (including full details of your request) email@example.com or by writing to us at:
TCBC School Tours, 35 Wilmslow Road, Cheadle, Cheshire, SK8 1DR, England
Tel: 0161 491 0264
How to Complain
We are registered with the Information Commissioner as a Data Controller. If you are concerned about anything we do or wish to complain you should contact the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk/concerns
Safeguards and Security
No data transmission over the internet can be entirely secure, so we do not guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the Website. However, we use reasonable endeavours to protect the security of your personal information from unauthorised access. In addition to these safeguards, your personal information is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998. This provides that the information which we hold about you should be processed fairly and lawfully, should be accurate, relevant and not excessive, not be retained for longer than is necessary and, if applicable, be kept up to date. For more information on the Data Protection Act 1998 and your related rights please see www.ico.gov.uk
The cookies in use on this Website fall under the following categories:
Category 1: strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our Website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of our Website. By using our Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Category 2: performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works. By using our Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Category 3: functionality cookies
These cookies allow a website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. By using our Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Please be advised that if you do not consent to and allow cookies from this site, parts of it may not work correctly and you are likely to experience longer loading times.